Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 9- Guangzhou/Medical Exam

The girls ask to see pictures of our hotel- see girlies, pretty similar to ones back home 😉. 

Our first western breakfast before medical exam- Craig and I were just as overwhelmed with all the food choices as Luke was.. we also met several other adoptive families last night and this morning. We went to the medical appt with another family with our agency, AWAA!  They are a sweet couple from Texas who adopted a 20 mo old little girl, who is darling!

US Medical Exam- one step closer to getting clearance and American citizenship.
First, they took his photo to go with his medical documents, I think ....

This doctor is the ENT- Luke did well in this exam room.

I have no idea what his info said- I'm so far from understanding Chinese #'s, but the nurse smiled and said good- so, good!

Pictures are out of order- sorry-! This room was for going over his medical file given by orphanage and us signing documents stating we understand the information and will get necessary medical care for him.

This doctor and the female physician sitting to his right were the ones who thoroughly examined him and discussed his heart condition with us. When they laid him down for the exam he cried quite a bit, they let us stand beside him and I put my face to his and started singing "You Are My Sunshine"☀️ and he stopped crying, the doctor smiled and I teared up- we are making progress, I was able to comfort him- praise God.

He had no fever, exam was good- a pediatrician, not pictured, met us in the hall (too quickly to get pic.) but was extremely helpful in getting us cough medicine.  After we contact our fantastic American pediatrician for the ok, we will start him on medicine.... Praising God today for great quality healthcare that we so often take for granted.  The doctors today were wonderful, but it's such a blessing to have doctors who you know, have a relationship with, and trust with your precious kiddos- thnx Doc!!!!

Monday we will hear from the tb skin test, if that's good we will proceed with scheduled Consulate Appt on Tuesday morning!


2 comments:

  1. Connie,
    You are almost home!!! I can tell from your post that you are feeling better! It helps to be in Guangzhou and know your half way to being back home! Plus being able to meet other families and AMERICAN food (well what they call) :)
    My eyes geared up when I read the song you sang to Luke. I sang "You are my Sunshine" to Kati while in China...she still to this day ask me to sing it!!
    Y'all are doing GREAT!!! Praying and Praising God!!!
    Enjoy your time in Guangzhou!! Go out and and explore!!

    Blessings sweet friend
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippeee.... BTW - the pic is for his VISA to get back into the states. Great song choice ;0). Enjoy those breakfast buffets. lol We'd fill up on those - it's crazy how much food they have available. It won't be long now. Praying for that tb test result.

    ReplyDelete