Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 8- flying to Guangzhou

We left Lanzhou at 9:00 am for a 12:15 flight to Guangzhou.  Not many pictures today, but I still wanted to post because it's just getting down right comical these days.  Lanzhou has a population of approximately 3 million, and is considered a smaller city- as we waited 1-1/2hrs for flight we realized the entire population was in the airport with us- we were shoulder to shoulder... Luke did great the first 30 minutes and then we realized he wanted to become a human mop!! Yes- mop!  He cried.. older ladies looked at me like I was hurting him, but he would only stop crying if he hung upside down with me holding him at his lower back.  We then began to board- oh no, not the plane (like we thought) but a very full bus that drove us to the center of the runway parking plane area thing😆 and we were confused... then we all of a sudden approached the plane- and the steps were let down for us to board- I told Craig I was feeling a bit like royalty for about 1 minute, until we boarded.  

Craig was absolutely amazing today on the 3+ hr flight with Luke. I was so traumatized by our flight Sunday that I instantly went into shutdown mode.. Craig said I was really pale and I told him- inspite of thinking we shouldn't pray for safety (prior to trip) because God is Sovreign and it seems silly- I totally prayed 🙏BeGgInG🙏 God for a good, uneventful flight today- He already knows my thoughts anyways, right!? Hallelujah, it was fine!
We landed in Guangzhou around 4:00 pm and were met by a delightful lady named Helen!  We fell in love with her instantly. She's about the age of my mom Helen- and she is such a tender, sweet-spirited lady.  She thanked us for adopting Luke and told us because of this we were changing the course of his entire life.  I don't know about her salvation- but she couldn't be more right about the course of his life- his province is heavily a Budda and Muslim area and he's coming to the south to the Bible Belt where,  praise God- His word is taught, revered, and magnified!! 
Once we checked in tonight we sent our laundry out to be cleaned and then Craig went out for McDonalds!! Yes- McD's sounded magnificent! We've lost quite a bit of weight this week- more than we realized, but Guangzhou has many western, English-speaking places.  We've enjoyed trying new foods this past week- we just had difficulty ordering- so we wouldn't be able to eat what we ordered much of the time (but it's all ok)!  Luke had his first Happy Meal tonight- and really enjoyed it. 

Tomorrow is Luke's medical exam- 9:00 am.  Please pray for his health- he still has a bad cough and cold.  Helen told us if he had fever it could interfere with exam results- praying no fever!!

Good night from Guangzhou!!
Much love to you all❤️


2 comments:

  1. I am sure by now you are through with the exam and I am hoping all went well. You have been COVERED in prayer by the Neely family and I know many more around here. Praying for Luke's health...I know how hard that is to see them sick so soon, we worried about many of the same things with Annet but God is the Great Physician and he knows exactly what each one of you need. Cannot wait to see what He has in store for all of you this week! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, Star beat me to the punch. ;0) One member in our group just made sure there was no fever - she was passing tylenol out to everyone/anyone who wanted some. lol. Hang in there guys. It's not much longer. And keep up the posts, especially if you have more funny times (which probably will be the medical exam if you want to call it that). They will be such good memories for you when you think back on your trip. Yes, there is SO much to laugh about in China. I still smile thinking about some of the craziness that we experienced, which I am so thankful that God allowed us to experience. Praying still....

    Oh & I got the email ;0)

    ReplyDelete