Sunday, November 3, 2013

"First(s)" week home!

Sleeping in my very own bed...

First softball game (Alaina's).. helping daddy with the bats.

Playing in my very own backyard.

I've got this figured out- smile a lot and they'll push me for hours and hours. Yes, he's man enough to ride on a pink car!

Everyone gets a turn... really!

Playing in the front yard with mommy.. but she stops for lots of pictures.

Swinging on my new swing (thank you Ms. Rachel Johnston)!

Daddy giving horseback rides before bed.

Grocery shopping with mom (no tears, just lots of loud singing).

Helping dad put together the jogging stroller (thank you Futrell/Wysor bft)!

"Homeschooling" with the sisters...

Leaving to go to church for worship, for the very first time!

Maddie and snacks helped us make it halfway through, hooray!!

First family picture... sleepy and all..


As today began the month of Orphan Awareness, I cannot help but reflect on the past 2 years of pursuing this journey called adoption- to bring home our son.  It was exactly two years ago today that we clearly received clarity from The Lord that this would be a calling on our family.  
Never would I have imagined the ups and downs, paperwork, fundraisers, excitement, sleepless summer nights of anticipation to travel, the emotions of his gotcha day (fear, happiness, and shock all mixed together).  

Today, Hallelujah~Praise be to God, I was able worship with my faith family, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords- holding our son.  Today I reflect on the joy and uncertainties of what God has planned for this amazing little guy with such HUGE personality and energy... 

Being confident of this He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. Philippians 1:6 (NIV)


       So bLeSsEd he calls me momma!


1 comment: