Monday, October 10, 2016

... 3 years ago today

Daddy and I boarded a plane and flew to China, after 22 months of praying and working to bring you home. You were just days from being forever ours, but on this day as we traveled you had no idea how much your life was about to change.,. to be honest, I don't think at the time I had any idea either. I had no idea the fear, sadness and anxious little fella that was about to enter my life. I had no idea that every ounce of love and trust that you would accept over these (almost three years) would be so incredibly worked for.. I had no idea the amazing, beautiful,  strong, fun, little guy that I get to call son, would finally let me in.. let us in, into that vulnerable place that felt so scary, your heart! But, you have, you have cautiously let us into that sacred place of pain, your heart~ and you have allowed us to love you and you now eagerly love us back. It seems that you really, really GET family now... and oh, little buddy, you have one and we love you so BIG! 

You have almost been with us half as long as you were without us. I'm so grateful as I reflect on the me of three years ago, to the Mommy I am today. God has done a work, in both dad and I... But also in you and in your sisters. He has intricately woven us together in a way like only our Heavenly Father can. Luke, as I have prayed and continue to pray it has been that God would use your heart condition to redeem your soul.. I pray, as you look and see the details and milestones in your life that you will see Jesus, and His amazing love for you and Sovereign plan for your life.. Thankful tonight that you accept and give 
love! Praying you accept and trust the perfect love of our sweet Savior, Jesus! 



No comments:

Post a Comment